Night of the living "dead generations"

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 14:56:33 PST 2001

--- Charles Brown <CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> w The big
> advantage that humans have is that new generations
> can learn from the experience of past generations
> without going through those experiences as hard
> knocks.

I wish that were true. Look at the situation of the Left. A lot of people are afraid or dubious of taking action thinking it will just lead down a dark corridor to the same old thing. Then you have the orthodox Left which thinks that we need to do 1917 all over again.

And that's where we stand...either afraid to leap into the new or seeking others to join in orthodoxy...Many PoMos belong to the former, all "vanguardists" belong to the latter.

Alas, Seneca was right.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx