Night of the living "dead generations"

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Dec 4 16:54:23 PST 2001

Thomas Seay wrote:

> --- Charles Brown <CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> w
> The big
> > advantage that humans have is that new generations
> > can learn from the experience of past generations
> > without going through those experiences as hard
> > knocks.
> >

> I wish that were true. Look at the situation of the
> Left. A lot of people are afraid or dubious of taking
> action thinking it will just lead down a dark corridor
> to the same old thing. Then you have the orthodox
> Left which thinks that we need to do 1917 all over
> again.

And many on the orthodox vanguardist Left also see the current situation as an opportunity. I never was one to hope that conditions would get worse for people so that my brand of radical politics would have an "opportunity."

I think we were doing just fine before 9/11, thank you.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.com/ MutualAid.org (coming soon) AIM: AgentHelloKitty

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).