Night of the living "dead generations"

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 17:10:05 PST 2001

> I think we were doing just fine before 9/11, thank
> you.

Indeed. You are right about that. But that letter that Nathan forwarded this morning shows how the vanguardists have managed to gain the direction in some places of this movement. Gone are the color and nuance, which have been replaced by gray squares, circles and lines. Damn I hate those bastards!

Thomas --- Chuck Munson <chuck at tao.ca> wrote:
> Thomas Seay wrote:
> >
> > --- Charles Brown <CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us>
> > The big
> > > advantage that humans have is that new
> generations
> > > can learn from the experience of past
> generations
> > > without going through those experiences as hard
> > > knocks.
> > >

> > I wish that were true. Look at the situation of
> the
> > Left. A lot of people are afraid or dubious of
> taking
> > action thinking it will just lead down a dark
> corridor
> > to the same old thing. Then you have the orthodox
> > Left which thinks that we need to do 1917 all over
> > again.
>
> And many on the orthodox vanguardist Left also see
> the current situation
> as an opportunity. I never was one to hope that
> conditions would get
> worse for people so that my brand of radical
> politics would have an
> "opportunity."
>
> I think we were doing just fine before 9/11, thank
> you.
>
> << Chuck0 >>
>
> Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/
> Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/
> Practical Anarchy Online ->
> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/
> Anarchy: AJODA ->
> http://www.anarchymag.org/
> Factsheet 5 ->
> http://www.factsheet5.com/
> MutualAid.org (coming soon)
> AIM: AgentHelloKitty
>
> INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE
>
> An American soldier in a hospital explained how he
> was wounded: He said,
> "I was told that the way to tell a hostile
> Vietnamese from a friendly
> Vietnamese was to shout ?To hell with Ho Chi Minh!?
> If he shoots, he?s
> unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ?To hell
> with Ho Chi Minh!?
> and he yelled back, ?To hell with President
> Johnson!? We were shaking
> hands when a truck hit us."
>
> (from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli
Kupferburg).

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx