Israel Cabinet 7 for and 7 against toppling Arafat....plusIsrael Turns Palestinian Towns into Prisons

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Tue Dec 4 16:50:34 PST 2001

Nathan:
>> If the President of
>> the US was pro-Palestinian, we would have already won the
public debate
>for
>> that election to have occurred. The question is what to do
when you have
>> minority of public support? How do you expand it?

Could one take the 1980s anti-apartheid movement as a model? I was too young at the time to be involved.

Seth:
>Let me pick a different bone. I don't think Israel has a
majority of public
>support in the US. I think a tiny minority of Americans support
Israel and a
>slightly smaller minority support the Palestinians.

>But the vast, vast majority are so unaware and indifferent

Seth, is that your map on the last page of this month's Harpers? It should be pointed out to clueless Americans that Israel gets more in foreing aid that any other country, right?

Peter