Fw: Why I'm leaving the NY Coalition for Peace and Justice

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Tue Dec 4 23:17:33 PST 2001

'Nathan Newman" <nathan at newman.org

>I'm so glad the union and civil rights >movements didn't have this kind of
>arrogance and instead recognized they >had to figure out how to build
>majorities for their goals out of the real >existing majorities that
existed
>at any point in time.

Whose arrogance? One has to wonder what sort of pomposity it takes to turn oneself into a .org.

But back to the thread. Doug's arrogance for creating a fictional loony left voice and mocking it? My arrogance for stating a fairly obvious point of US history? Or your arrogance for apparently replying to a different thread?

Oh, just suppose you were on point. Let's look at that point. Trade unionism? How has current trade unionism tried to embrace a majority? Has it tried to unionize and fight for health care for fast food, retail workers and part-timers all over the US? Fuck no!

And the civil rights movement was clearly a minority opinion that got support from the left long before it became mainstream and the Republican party, cough cough, became the party of inclusion.

Charles Jannuzi