lbo-talk-digest-after-swallowing

Mina Kumar wejazzjune at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 00:45:14 PST 2001

>From: kwalker2 at gte.net
>To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com, lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
>Subject: Re: lbo-talk-digest-after-swallowing
>Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:19:41 -0500
>
>At 02:58 AM 12/6/01 -0500, Mina Kumar wrote:
>
>>I actually thought your original post was a fine example of how to discuss
>>atrocities without sensationalizing them or using them as an excuse to
>>further other unrelated agendas. The stuff I snipped was rather less
>>impressive.
>
>i'm curious, you thought this about which post? the post to brad recently

that one, the one with the apocryphal story about the Nat'l Alliance.

>or or the post about how the US action is legitimated because toppling the
>taliban isn't such a bad idea. that first one, posted 6 weeks ago or so,
>set me off then and is why i've found this renewed discussion with
>brad--where the NA evils are used like the taliban's evils were used
>earlier--a real problem.
>
>the earlier post was here: (Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001
>http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0110/0896.html )

I would have many disagreements with this post, but again, I do not see that he misused the discussion of atrocities by people of color. I think that your larger point is valid and evidenced all over the place, however not by these two posts by Seth.

Oh, and in response to Doug's infamous question on why we don't discuss inequity in India, all I have to say is: where are all the trishul jokes?