oh no, there *is* an antiwar movement!

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Thu Dec 6 09:43:32 PST 2001

Ronald Radosh:
> >In other words, as many of
> > us have argued, the anti-globalization Left has shifted its direction
> > and has tried to turn itself into a new antiwar movement.

Chuck Munson:
> Which is mostly untrue. Some elements in the anti-globalization Left
> have shifted their direction, but most of the anti-globalization
> movement continues to work on anti-capitalist activism. It's just that
> many of us have added anti-war activism to our fill plates.

I don't see how you can struggle against liberalism, capitalism and imperialism without explicit anti-war activity. A effective war machine, regularly exercised, is the _sine_qua_non_ of them all -- if, indeed, one can consider them to be three separate things. You can't have rich folks staying rich without cops to protect 'em! In the slough that followed end of the Cold War, it was an important element lacking in the assembly of the New World Order, but thanks to Mohammed Atta and company our leaders seem well on the way to solving the problem.

Radosh almost overcame my habitual pessimism; but not quite, he's a little bit breathless.

-- Gordon