Herman responds

Barry DeCicco bdecicco2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 15:30:41 PST 2001

From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net>

(post heavily trimmed)

>The only credible explanation of 9/11 is in fact
>Islamic fundamentalist expansionism, ... The plan was
>to draw the U.S. into the big muddy of Afgh and do
>them like they did the Russians,

I was discussing the lack of follow-up strikes in the US since 9/11 with a friend. I was making the point that it wouldn't have been that hard to have some well-hidden cells in place, with decent documentation, with absolutely no connection with the 9/11 strike cells...

My friend looked at me and replied, "Maybe he doesn't think like us."

The background of Osama Bin Laden, the Taliban, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. are one thing. But it's quite reasonable that there was no plan in OBL's mind other than 'sticking in the face of the Great Satan'.

Barry