Donations of Left-Wing Books, Journals, Etc. Sought

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 6 15:50:00 PST 2001

Dear Fellow Leftists:

As you may know from my posts, since we organized the anti-war coalition in Columbus, OH, we've held weekly teach-ins & bi-weekly movie series on a variety of topics related to wars, classes, and empires. We'll continue to do the same as long as the enduring war on freedom drags on.

We have a favor to ask our fellow leftists. Could you donate left-wing books, journals, videos, etc., to be sold or given away at our teach-ins & movie series? Your donations will be used for good causes: educating folks new to left-wing politics; and raising funds for inviting out-of-town left-wing speakers (if we can sell what you donate, that is). While books, etc. on US imperialism, politics in Central Asia, etc. are particularly welcome, any work produced from a (broadly defined) left-wing perspective on any aspect of human society, past & present, will help us greatly.

If you can make donations, please send them to the following mailing address:

Yoshie Furuhashi Department of English 421 Denney Hall Ohio State University 164 W. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 43210 USA

[Those of you who know my off-campus mailing address may use it instead.]

Naturally, checks instead of books, etc. are also very welcome if you are loaded with filthy lucre. :-> We'll use monetary donations to defray the costs of copying, inviting out-of-town speakers, and buying/renting left-wing films unavailable in Columbus.

Thanks in advance!

I'm cc'ing this note to my co-organizer Keith Kilty. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>