good news (was Re: women register at Kabul U

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu Dec 6 17:27:01 PST 2001

>action in some other places. And later we can discuss the
>effects of imperialism on the imperializers, or rather, the
>peoples of the countries where they base their power, which
>is a bit more ambiguous, to say the least. But onward! But
>cautiously: remember, you may be holding a gun to someone's
>head.

I may be holding a gun to someone's head? I don't follow, but I do have one question: is capitalism an improvement on feudalism? I think it is even though there's been a huge cost.

Besides, now that their opium trade is back up and running, the Afgahns should be rolling in the doe again. My point to you and Yoshie is that the Bush and Clinton administrations were perfectly happy with the Taliban.

Peter