the probability and statistics of reducing terrorism

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Fri Dec 7 00:17:01 PST 2001

At 06/12/01 19:39 -0800, Ian quoted:

>< http://www.iht.com >
>A Pair of Sober Questions About the Slog After Early Victories
>Robert A. Levine IHT
>Friday, December 7, 2001

>Suppose that the success rate against terrorism has been 60 percent.
>Suppose that actions taken since Sept. 11 can raise that even as high
>as 90 percent. Nonetheless, something in the remaining 10 percent is
>going to happen, possibly something involving biological, chemical or
>nuclear/radiological weapons.

This materialist calculation must accelerate the development of the global Empire. No one can afford failed states like Israel stirring up such suicidal desperation.

We have to move to a society of control on a global basis, and unless that encompasses global economic justice, it is going to be much more repressive than the relatively privileged multitude in the capital rich countries would wish.

Chris Burford