Islamism as fascism

Mike Ferro mferro at california.com
Fri Dec 7 09:13:36 PST 2001

Chris Doss wrote:

> Weren't there a lot of Jews among the Italian Fascists? I remember hearing
> somewhere that Mussolini saved a lot of Jews by insisting to Hitler that
> those who were fascists or relatives who were fascists be exempted from
> deportation. Anybody know if this is true?

__

I saw a 1980s Italian documentary last year (shown by an Italian-American club in San Francisco of which I am a member) which interviewed Italian fascist army officers who protected Jews despite repeated demands by Hitler and his generals to deliver them up for killing. Mussolini passed on the demands repeatedly to his officers and they steadily refused to obey.

The interviewed fascist officers said things such as "these people were our friends, neighbors, co-workers. How could we abandon them?"

Mike Ferro