Islamism as fascism

Chris Doss chrisd at russiajournal.com
Fri Dec 7 01:45:13 PST 2001

Weren't there a lot of Jews among the Italian Fascists? I remember hearing somewhere that Mussolini saved a lot of Jews by insisting to Hitler that those who were fascists or relatives who were fascists be exempted from deportation. Anybody know if this is true?

Chris Doss The Russia Journal

Brad:

Strange as it may sound, racism is not absolutely inherent in fascism, I mean Mussolini wasn't particularly antisemitic. "I think the analogy with Cromwell's Puritans is much closer..." Maybe, but what would we call Cromwell's puritans if they were still around? Given that what _they_ did in Ireland and elsewhere makes present day protestant bigots look like pussycats.