Yoshie's Options: USA or North Korea

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 15:25:20 PST 2001

-- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:
> Middle East. I think you are just a snob on the
> West Coast who knows
> nothing about the Left in Ohio or the Midwest in
> general, despite
> your mention of coal minders in West Virginia.

I grew up in West Virginia...and, know Ohio all too well...I was not referring to the militancy or political level of ohioans. I am just referring to the lifestyle and the dismal landscape...which is urban sprawl. I REALIZE that there are economic factors at play, but that makes the place none the less dismal. "Backwater" was the wrong term...it is a term that refers more to the place where I grew up. "Urban sprawl" describes places like Cleveland and Columbus a bit better. My comments do not always refer to something political.

> may not be
> pro-American, but I'm squarely pro-Midwestern, you
> see. :->

Not only that but you are very sweet, albeit misguided in your defence of stalinists.

> You mean Stalinists = those who dare to point out
> Kim Jong Il, etc.
> are the lesser of two evils for humanity when
> compared to US
> imperialism.

Here we go with the binary thinking again...I am left to choose between an imperialist superpower and a stalinist disctatorship...Your choice is like asking me if I want to die by hanging or die by the electric chair....In either case, I choose NEITHER. I dont have to support either the US or North Korea...and by presenting the choice in that way, you certainly do little to encourage to take up the fight against capitalism....Right, we are supposed to be moved to fight for revolution when the object is to become like fucking North Korea...With choices like that, no wonder so many young people turn to doing "crack".

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx