One-third SE Asian prostitutes are children: UNICEF

Diane Monaco dmonaco at pop3.utoledo.edu
Wed Dec 12 11:49:56 PST 2001

In addition to these well-documented supply-side factor increases is a not so well-documented growing demand for sex exploitation coming directly from the "developed" world -- with these increases being facilitated (caused?) by the forces of globalization. And furthermore can we really say that supply creates its own demand as in Jean-Baptiste Say's Law of Markets? I think not. Thanks for posting the article, Ulhas, I will forward it.

Diane