Dems Fold on Ashcroft

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Dec 10 10:52:58 PST 2001

you can't blame anyone for not wanting to probe Ashcroft.

mbs

Not to sound like a certain West Coast writer who loves to thump libs, but what are we to make of the Dems who've either avoided probing Ashcroft, or worse, agree with him?

http://thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=special&s=corn20011206

Is it left to the likes of Bob Barr to protect what liberties remain? I'm sure Nathan will list dozens of Dems opposed to the Patriot Act and like measures (if dozens exist). But what does it matter if most Dems, when facing Ashcroft, simply fold?

DP