Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Wed Dec 19 18:09:11 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marta Russell" <ap888 at lafn.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 5:12 PM Subject: RE:

> What it needs to be about is the corporation period. Corporations
> are only organized to promote the accummulation of wealth -- the one
> and only goal of business is to make money for the shareholders --
> that excludes (omits) social need and social goals outside that
> corporation. So any inside jockying for a better position for one
> interest be it labor investors or capitalist investors or another is
> missing the systemic problem - money into more money does not equal
> social justice.
>
> Marta

Money into less money won't equal social justice either. Until lefties put forth a model of corporate governance that pays attention to Doug's [and other's suggestions] and that large numbers of citizens find in their interests to adopt and implement, then we'll simply be derided as armchair quarterbacks who don't understand risk, incentives, hard budget constraints, contractual complexity, the chaotic dynamics of prices etc.

What's a better way of making automobiles, clothes, washing machines, infant incubators, dental tools, textbooks, bobby pins and hair care products etc. that embrace left 'values'? One word answers are not allowed.

Ian