permissiveness: the cause of terrorism

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Dec 19 05:48:43 PST 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:22:45 "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com> writes:
> >Why when I read about Bloomberg, am I reminded of John
> >Lindsay?
> >
> >Jim F.
>
> Not unless your memory is foggy. Lindsay was no billionaire.

No otherwise his political profile seems rather similar - he was elected as a nominal Republican but turned out to be more progressive than was usual for Republicans of the day. He was also like Bloomberg elected with very high expectations which in his case were to a large extent unmet by his administration. He was re-elected in his second term as a Democrat as I recall too.

Whether Bloomberg who was elected with stratospherically high expectations can come close to meeting or whether things will spin out of control for him as they did for Lindsay, we will have to wait and see.

Jim F.