permissiveness: the cause of terrorism

Dddddd0814 at aol.com Dddddd0814 at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 16:37:22 PST 2001

Hi everyone, I'm David-- new to the list. I wanted to comment: In a message dated 12/18/1 12:12:45 AM, you wrote:

>A trifle dated, Doug. "New York" these days means Ground Zero, epicenter of
>America's new solidarity, pride and general uber alles. Moreover, today's
>Rudyville version of New York City is Middle American-friendly in the
>extreme -- with a Gap, Pizza Hut or McDonald's every block *plus* the Today
>show stars right there in person at Rockefeller Center giving out
>autographs.
>
>Carl

Actually, New York means a lot more than this; even a tourist will see that it is lot more than the monolithic, sanitary picture many have of it. It's the place where literally millions of workers struggle, living in the outlying bouroughs..... It's also the dream of many proletarian immigrants living abroad to help feed their families.

Best, David