permissiveness: the cause of terrorism

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Dec 17 13:32:20 PST 2001

Yes. To top it off, the guy I was listening to yapping about an excess of "new yorkers" in California (ergo, the election of Barbara Boxer to the Senate) was Michael Savage (real name, Michael Weiner), who is from the Bronx and has a NY accent thick enough to use as roofing insulation.

If you want to get technical, the populist root of this in the 19th century was anti-Catholic/Irish/Democrat. The jews were not the stereotypical urbanite. Now stereotypical money lender, that's another matter.

mbs