Chomsky on "theory" from Barsamian interview, was "no social science theories"

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Sat Dec 15 11:40:32 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com>

> >Eliminative Materialism and the Propositional Attitudes
> > Journal of Philosophy, 78, no. 2, February 198l
> >

> It's also in his collection of papers, I forget the title. Also good
is
> Terry Horgan's and John Woodward's reply, "Folk Psychology is Here
to Stay."

It's in his "A Neurocomputational Perspective", MIT Press. Watch out for "Learning and Conceptual Change" & "Perceptual Plasticity & Theoretical Neutrality: A Reply to Fodor" in the same text. Whatever you do don't read PC while on the beach or before you go hiking in a forest, you'll get an extended case of biophilia.

Ian