Shaw on Herman

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Fri Dec 14 14:56:02 PST 2001

> What am I missing? When two groups within a country fight each other,
that's
> called a civil war. When one country invades another country, that's
> something else. Am I being unfair or legalistic here?
>
> Seth

Nuance is everything, Seth. I mean, was the Confederacy really part of the US? Weren't they merely taking Jefferson's advice about rising up against domestic tyranny and watering the tree of liberty with a hose full of blood? They had their own currency, president, Congress, flag and national anthem. "Civil War"? Please! US aggression against the CSA!

DP