the pipeline theory

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 10:41:48 PST 2001

So, my question is what is Russia getting out of the deal of joining the US Alliance? If we agree with this article then there is at least a possibility that the pipelines might be built (thus subverting the Rusians economically), and US just declared it intended to dump SALT aggreements and build the Missile Defense Shield.

What are the Russians getting out of the deal...if anyting?

Thomas --- Ian Murray <seamus2001 at attbi.com> wrote:
> [link at bottom]
>
> BUSINESS & ECONOMICS December 13, 2001
> TALIBAN DEFEAT REVIVES DEBATE ON TRANS-AFGHAN
> PIPELINE
> Igor Torbakov: 12/12/01

> The defeat of the Taliban appears to be reviving a
> debate about
> pipeline construction in Afghanistan that would
> widen international
> access to Central Asia's vast energy resources. A
> few observers argue
> that pipelines might speed Afghanistan's
> reconstruction. However,
> others say that an attempt to establish Afghanistan
> as a transit hub
> for energy exports could provoke a collision of
> interests among key
> power brokers in the region.

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx