permissiveness: the cause of terrorism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Dec 19 06:49:02 PST 2001

Carl Remick wrote:

>>Why when I read about Bloomberg, am I reminded of John
>>Lindsay?
>>
>>Jim F.
>
>Not unless your memory is foggy. Lindsay was no billionaire.

But he had oodles of charisma, which Bloomberg lacks. A few years after he left office, I saw Lindsay on a beach in the uh, um, Hamptons, playing touch football and clad only in a bathing suit. He cut a fairly gorgeous figure, and was extremely friendly when my pals & I introduced ourselves. Bloomberg probably would have snarled.

I think he ended up a rather sad boozer, though, with a little-show job at a big law firm and no one paying him much attention.

Doug