Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Wed Dec 19 23:14:13 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marta Russell" <ap888 at lafn.org>

> I'm not arguing for a better corporate run capitalism, I'm not for
> reforming it because it cannot reform.

=============

I know that, but you should look at what Doug says in Wall Street on page 320.

> >What's a better way of making automobiles, clothes, washing
machines,
> >infant incubators, dental tools, textbooks, bobby pins and hair
care
> >products etc. that embrace left 'values'? One word answers are not
> >allowed.
> >
> >Ian
>
> A change of values is necessary to change the economic paradigm.
This
> can only occur when enough people understand that neoclassical
> economics is nothing but a sham which justifies the loss of human
> life by expelling human needs and life choices from the calculous --
> and must (and can) be done away with because it isn't a law, it is
> man-created.
> marta
> --
> Marta Russell
> Los Angeles, CA
> www.disweb.org

Sounds good. What happens when people, billions of them, can't agree on what those values should be and some of them have weapons of mass destruction? The problem is far bigger than the way some people think neoclassical economics is or is not being operationalized by corporate managers and government policymakers.

Ian