Cockburn on "crackpot realism"

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 22 22:14:15 PST 2001

Nathan Newman wrote:
>Why Cockburn would waste precious newspaper space in his mainstream column
>bashing the ACLU at a time like this is beyond me. He is so far gone it is
>sad.

Doug Henwood wrote: You need to think outside the box, Nathan. Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan have quirks that can be overlooked. The ACLU and the Nation are the enemy, and deserving of nothing but withering scorn. And the New Deal is indistinguishable from Mussolini's fascism.

Does that help?

* * *

YES -- and populists are reactionary elements which must be opposed at every turn, and environmentalists are dangerous tools of the bourgeouisie. No wait -- that's *Henwood's* sectarianism, sorry.

(Sorry I'm a little behind on my posts...)