Global Capital, Empire and Argentina

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 24 09:36:24 PST 2001

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>Nations in which women outnumber men at a higher ratio than they do
>>in the USA seem to fall into a bewildering variety of categories,
>>economically and politically (from Haiti to Belgium, Russia to
>>France). We might ask why so many men are missing in some nations.
>
>Just guessing, I'd say in the case of the European countries, it's a
>function of the welfare state; in the case of Haiti, men emigrate
>looking for work; in Russia, the men drink themselves to death.
>
>Doug

Do analysts of missing women normally account for war, migration, ill health induced by masculinized behaviors, etc.? -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>