Respects to Joey Ramone, but

virgil tibbs sheik_of_encino at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 11:38:33 PST 2001

Not to be an ugly American, but would the "playing it safe America" be the same America that gave the world jazz -- the most meaningful addition to the arts in the 20th century? Let's not get carried away with awarding the likes of the Sex Pistols and Joey Ramone with Silver Stars for cultural bravery. They new their markets as well as the next capitalist artist and never wandered far from the nest.