Marxism is a science

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 31 10:13:46 PST 2001

Gordon says:

>James Heartfield:
>> As to physics, I was not aware that it had abandoned its ambition to
>> describe an objective world outside subjective investigation - only that
>> Heisenberg had raised some difficulties in the way.
>
>That ambition seems unattainable, since the subjectivities
>investigating are themselves part of the world they are trying
>to describe. A mentation-free world is by definition
>unimaginable.

Surely a world must have existed long before the appearance of human beings (or any other creatures capable of subjective investigations of objects), and a world will continue to exist after the disappearance of human beings (and other creatures capable of subjective investigations of objects) as well. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>