slave narratives, available

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 06:54:48 PST 2001

According to a PR Newswire article which has just come across my screen for I know not what reason, www.ancestry.com has just opened up its database of slave narratives, access to which you usually have to pay for. It's going to be free for the month of February. I have neither any connection with ancestry.com, nor any idea whether this database is any use, but I thought that some might like to know, as the slave narratives archive has been cited on lbo-talk recently.

dd

===== “It is necessarily part of the business of a banker to maintain appearances and to profess a conventional respectability which is more than human. Life-long practices of this kind make them the most romantic and the least realistic of men” -- JM Keynes