Empire: Hardt responds

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 20:52:21 PST 2001

>From: jf noonan
>
> > Carl Remick wrote: > > >Well, Texas, at least, definitely has no reason
>to exist post-J. Joplin. ...
> > > Fucken New York boomers.
>
>Not even New York, fer crissakes -- fucking Long Island -- glass house if
>you ask me.

Yep. I moved to the Island from Manhattan 20 years ago and have been an NYC commuter ever since. I will say in defense of my own sanity that LI seems as weird to me now as it did when I first set foot there (nice climate for gardening though). And you're right, LI may be Texas's only rival -- though Florida's a bullet on the charts! -- as the leading regional purveyor of comic relief to the USA overall.