cameras at Super Bowl

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Sun Feb 4 14:05:16 PST 2001

> Betcha there's a real market opportunity in this panopticon-technopoly
> scenario - My crystal ball divulges a mass of Groucho Marxes festooning
the
> terraces at next year's Bowl. Sure, postmodern ironic play dressed up as
> resistance, but at least the surname adds a dimension, eh?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

Another bit of creeping fascism in American lives, all accepted, of course, by those with "nothing to hide." Wonder how the XFL will try to top this. Perhaps random blood and urine tests in the stands, and those who resist will be taken in "on suspicion" while the Hooters-esque cheerleaders shake their tits for the camera, and Jesse Ventura (the XFL's "color man") adds, "That's what this league's all about." Makes "Triumph of the Will" seem like quaint family fun.

DP