cameras at Super Bowl

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sun Feb 4 14:46:02 PST 2001

Dennis wrote:

> > Betcha there's a real market opportunity in this panopticon-technopoly
> > scenario - My crystal ball divulges a mass of Groucho Marxes festooning
> the
> > terraces at next year's Bowl. Sure, postmodern ironic play dressed up as
> > resistance, but at least the surname adds a dimension, eh?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rob.
>
> Another bit of creeping fascism in American lives, all accepted, of course,
> by those with "nothing to hide." Wonder how the XFL will try to top this.
> Perhaps random blood and urine tests in the stands, and those who resist
> will be taken in "on suspicion" while the Hooters-esque cheerleaders shake
> their tits for the camera, and Jesse Ventura (the XFL's "color man") adds,
> "That's what this league's all about." Makes "Triumph of the Will" seem like
> quaint family fun.

Those were tits?

I was working on the new issue of Alternative Press Review last night with Tom Wheeler and we somehow found that our dinner evolved into watching the XFL game.

I rather enjoyed it, to be quite honest.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe