get a real job

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Feb 9 06:45:13 PST 2001

http://bitterwaitress.com/

from the glossary: Real Job - That which most people assume we do not have. Certainly long hours of stressful labor isn't really work. Of course the skills of dealing with many people at once is not valuable. Training and education are not part of a real job. No, real jobs entail sitting around, getting shat on by an old boss all day, then in turn being an ass to others, getting frustrated and taking it our on your waitress at dinner that night. If that's a real job then I don't want one.

Campagna - The one New York restaurant so evil to their staff, so repugnant as people, that I actually recommend you never go. A favorite among b-list musicians, faded stars like Tina Louise and of course, Madonna. By the way, any Department of Labor people examining tip-outs to non-servers (like the kitchen staff), check this place out.

Dick/Dickhead - Though this term is often used interchangeably with "Bastard" (above), it really is a reference to the penis (or the glans, in the case of "dickhead"), which may be dipped into the iced drinks or into the room temperature, non-acidic foods of unruly guests. Don't think for a second that this doesn't happen.

Gotham Bar & Grill - Renowned New York dining institution known for creatively presented food. A favorite among assholes, as it is owned and run by them. Desperately craving their fourth star from the New York Times, they have yet to realize the necessity of keeping a staff for more than six weeks as an important part of attaining this goal. Recently nailed by the Department of Labor for requiring servers to tip out management. Nonetheless, they make some killer desserts. Hostess - In most cases, the bulemic 19 y.o. woman sleeping with the manager. In some (rare) cases, your greatest ally. In almost all cases, someone who is tipped out unnecessarily because the owner is too cheap to pay her.