Zoe Heller on Arianna Stassinopoulos (Huffington)

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Feb 9 16:07:15 PST 2001

Michael Pollak wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > Arianna seems like a pretty consistent libertarian to me.
>
> I completely agree. But people who are both economically and socially
> libertarian end up roughly in the center on today's spectrum, no? Not
> avatars, but not beyond the pale, if they were hosting a popular event and
> gave you a forum. Which is to say, not to be lumped together under a
> common rubric with John Birchers and Pat Buchanan.

Is the Cato Institute now center spectrum. That is what comes to mind when I think of libertarian. Of course they would like to gut all regulations that impede the irresponsible accummulation of capital -- and they have pounced on the both the ADA and disability benefits. Is that mainstream these days, maybe I am out of touch. marta