Zoe Heller on Arianna Stassinopoulos (Huffington)

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Feb 10 03:34:15 PST 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:

> >BTW, out of curiousity, are her politics much different from Jesse
> >Ventura's? The basic pitch seems the same, although I don't know as much
> >about the latter's specifics.
>
> I think she can read & write.

A friend of mine once wrote an article on poetry in LA, from slams to sonneteers (a more interesting topic than it might sound at first, but then, he's my friend, and I think he writes well http://www.laweekly.com/ink/99/43/cover-bernhard.shtml) At the very end, in a sidebar, he appended a quick phone survey wherein he asked a cross section of Angelinos with some claim to being intellectuals who their favorite poets were. The answers were unintentionally amusing and mostly embarrassed. She was one of the few who sounded like she occasionally still read it just for fun.

Michael