Hardt & Negri: The New Federalist? (was delinking does not equa

Andrew Flood andrewflood at eircom.net
Fri Feb 9 08:10:55 PST 2001

>Subject: Re: Hardt & Negri: The New Federalist? (was delinking does not
>equal autarchy...)

>American leftists are often anti-statist, reflecting the
>decentralized structure of American polity; it seems to me that
>anti-statism of many American leftists should be read as an
>expression of political "sour grapes," so to speak.

Nice theory except the left anti-state movement is many, many times stronger in Europe then it is in the US. There are considerably more anarchists in a single organisation (CGT union - 45,000 members) in Spain there there are anarchists in the entire N.American continent.

Altogether your looking at a couple of orders of magnitude in terms of anarchists alone when you compare the US and Europe. And then there are the various anti-state marxists.

The anglo part of your theory makes even less sense as the anarchist movement in Britain is probably the weakest in Europe (and not the strongest)!

International anarchism http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/inter.html

Issues-> http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/revolt.html Me + PGP-> http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/andrew.html

Fax: 001 503 218 9764 (US number as it uses Efax)