Solar Power(Re: Expensive,etc...)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Feb 13 15:46:33 PST 2001

matt hogan wrote:

hey matt! are ya happy to hear from me or is that a HERF gun in yer pocket?

>What are you refering to regarding "seti at home"? I do recall stating that
>the reason why we haven't found E.T.'s is because they don't want to be
>found.

which is fine, but what it has to do with LBO-talk is uhm, well, beyond the grasp of my feeble mind, i guess. i don't know, but worrying about whether there's other forms of life seems completely unrelated to the task we try to set for ourselves on this list -- you know, dealing with the issues a broad leftist movement needs to deal with here and now: debating zizek's merits (lack thereof) for the umpteenth millionth time, watching carrol and doug flame one another, pining for various hotties, watching yoshie beat up on the not marxist enoughs while avoiding here dissertation :), and wondering what famous woman doug looks like when he visits the Vault in drag.

>The key to survival for an advanced E.T. society that has weapons of
>mass destruction is to remain out of sight. An extraterrestrial society
>would most certainly want to avoid other civilizations that have nukes. No
>one offered any refutation of this--except ad hominem comments.

ahhh, i see. you use evidence like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination.

> >Actually, kelley, the Taos Hum is not ridiculous. You need to do
> research on the Taos Hum before you make snide comments.

what counts as research in your world? surfing the Ufocyclopedia? the TaosHum home page? The Alternative Science Index?

look, i can be errrr sympathetic, after all, I am researcher, etc for everyone's favorite paranoid, Winn Schwartau -- Electronic Pearl Harbor an' all that! i have a HERF gun right next to my desk to make sure i get adequate raises. http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2331772,00.html?chkpt=hpqs014

I had mine made in a lovely Black and Red Mujeres Libres Design.

(whoop, good thing i have some smelling salts for you in case you faint. no, NO, matt, don't get down on the ground and kiss the earth chanting, "i am not worthy. i am not worthy". it's not necessary. not at all.)

>The Navy plants transmitters in the ground.

yeah, i know, my honeybunch is in the Navy. he also runs seti, btw. me, i think i'd rather hog my cpu cycles to myself, but if i had to share, i'd crack some crypto. http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/

HA!

>This is how they communicate with submarines out at sea. They call it
>Project ELF(Extremely Low Frequency). This may be the source of the "Taos Hum".

but that isn't that only thing that the Taos Hum has been attributed to is it? lotsa stuff about Top Sekrit underground military bases that will be used by the New World Order in order to subdue and enslave the populace.

kelley