Excess

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 16:43:50 PST 2001

>What's the current ratio between CEO compensation and ordinary workers'? I
>need a reliably conservatiuve source to persuade an unbeliever. A while
>back
>I raed that it was, what, 450:1 or so, is that right?
>
>--jks

A NY Press article I posted here earlier this week -- "The Layoff Binge" by George Szamuely -- included this info: "According to Executive Paywatch, in the United States 'the average CEO of a major corporation made $12.4 million in 1999, 475 times more than an average blue-collar worker.' German CEOs, on the other hand, 'make 13 times what the average manufacturing employee makes. In Japan, the CEO-to-worker pay ratio is just 11-to-1.'"

Please tell that "unbeliever" of yours to pull his head out of his ass.

Carl