Tasteless site

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Feb 16 14:24:35 PST 2001

At 04:27 PM 2/16/01 -0500, Matt Cramer wrote:
>On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, kelley wrote:
>
> > At 02:45 PM 2/16/01 -0500, Matt Cramer wrote:
> > >
> > >Nope. The joke Justin mentions above is exactly what I was getting at
> > >when I replied to whoever said "the left is the party of freedom and
> > >equality" with "yeah well the right sez the same thing about themselves".
> >
> > i'm writing to Reese, not you, so why don't you poke a hole in your side
> > and let the sap run out.
>
>Writing to Reese?

yes, refer back to the attribution in previous mail. i replied to REESE and told HIM he was wrong. I then told him that the both of you mainly post on this list to attack the left from a position in which you see the left as somehow EVIL. and give me a break, you redbaited in reply to Dr. Faustus (I was wrong, it wasn't Galt) last week, to wit:

>That the popular vote matters for legitimacy is left-wing propaganda.
>Read the COTUS where the electoral college is explained.
><...>
>Regardless, that presidential legitimacy has something to do with the whim
>of the masses is more left-wing propaganda.
><...>
>[snip]
>If you want to see left-bias in the media just look at any ratings
>grabbing story involving a crime where a gun was involved - like a school
>or workplace shooting.
>Matt

when you call it leftwing, instead of democrat, then this kind of crap on a list like DCstuff is redbaiting. use the word democratic, fine. use the word left wing and you're definitely out to score some points with commie/lefty bashing at a place like DC.

> > in other words, you're asking people to defend the radical left
> > to you. ditto matt.
>
>What is this "ditto matt" thing supposed to mean, then?

that you have posted (in the past) somehow expecting lefties to defend their way of thinking and the questions you ask are from a position HOSTILE to the positions we often take here. and that from someone who doesn't know the difference between a liberal, a democrat, the radical left. progressives, marxists, etc,

of course, you will want to tell me that you aren't hostile at all and that you're just so unique and special. i call BS because the words you typed, above, are the words of someone who is perfectly happy to denounce Democrats, not just because they are Democrats (which is quite enough on a list like DC) but would rather make cheap shots like "leftwing propaganda".

gimme a fuckin' break.

notice: i don't care what you type at pulp.

>Oh I see. When you replied to me, in this thread, which was about one
>topic, I was supposed to realise you were talking about some other topic
>from some other random dead thread. Silly me.

no. i replied to you earlier because that was BEFORE justin jummped in. the joke that *I* was referring to was a joke that only made sense in the context of a thread from a while ago. the joke was from Gordon, to Yoshie, who once decleared that the left was the party of Equality and freedom.

then Reese jumped in with the conservative-libertarian -- okay, skip the political labels, and call it like it is: Reese jumped in with an ugly question. Yes, Reese, it was ugly, it was ugly in its presumption that anyone here imagines that their political goals are for extending freedom and equality to only certain people, not everyone. it's ugly in so far as it 1. fails to recognize that all modern social movements have been based on universal claims about what it means to be human, to be free, etc and 2. when they organize they do so in the name of ALL people. it's one of the defining features of enlightenment liberal thought, of which marxism and variants are a part -- altho postmodernist marxist do question universalism and humanism.

Reese made the ugly comment. I flamed him for that and reminded him that Gordon was referencing a thread Reese had started long ago when, once before, he baited people on the list with a comment that presumed that lefties couldn't possibly have a notion of freedom. Then Justin subtly flamed Reese with a joke that was totally unrelated to the one Gordon told.

sorry that's complicated but there are two different jokes going on here. one was from Gordon's sarcasm at Yoshie, the other was the one Justin told that had nothing to do with the earlier F&E thread.

> > remember, i just got done reading your pathetic excuse for an argument
> > where you red baited john friggin galt of all people, by associating all
> > that is bad to the left.
>
>No, I told Galt that his claim that there is no evidence of the media
>manipulating news for leftist causes is horseshit. Thread synopsis:
>
>1) Reese (or you, I can't recall): examples of right-biased media
>2) Faustus: the left does the same thing
>3) Galt: no they don't
>4) Me: Here's an example
>
>So what if I used gun control for my example? Many on the left have told
>me that gun control is one of their causes.

addressed above.

> > bugger off with the disingenuous bullshit about
> > how you are just so innocent of being antagonistic to left ideas. gimme a
> > fuckin' break.
>
>You're trying to force everything I say through some kind of cosmic
>battle of left vs. right. My politics do not fit into that dichotomy.
>
> > Bitchily,
> >
> > kelley (and NO! i don't get my dot for another two weeks!!! heh.)
>
>Dot?

department of transportation.