Tasteless site

Reese reeza at flex.com
Fri Feb 16 19:21:40 PST 2001

At 01:45 PM 2/16/01 -0500, kelley wrote:

>At 04:41 PM 2/15/01 -1000, Reese wrote:

>>At 03:43 PM 2/15/01 +0000, Justin Schwartz wrote:

>> >I believe the joke is: capitalism is the exploitation of man by man, and

>> >communism is just the reverse,

>>No, that's not it.

>yes, it is. that was what you implied:

Initially, I had just finished reading Hayek's claim (Serfdom) that the right and the left define freedom differently, I was seeking to confirm or refute his claim, I had no intention of arguing the point either then, or the other day.

>you chose to insert your

>conservative-libertarian notions on a lefty list

busted, I have done this.

>and insist that they

>*must* be fooling themselves and/or others if they can't possibly see that

>their view of the world simply has to be unfree and, ultimately,

>unequal.

I question.

>in other words, you're asking people to defend the radical left to you.

defend, explain. what the breadbasket of americana is taught/led to believe and what the realities are, are not always synonymous.

>ditto matt.

I cannot speak to matt's activities.

>maybe you should both read the intro to the list

>again, because that's not what this space is for. lefties have to defend

>their friggin' views everywhere and doug created this space so it could be

>free of that nonsense. there's enough of it among us, ferchrisakes.

My experiences while lurking on lou's marxism list tends to confirm this.