Tasteless site

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Feb 17 10:00:30 PST 2001

At 11:59 AM 2/17/01 -0500, Matt Cramer wrote:
>On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, kelley wrote:
>
> > At 11:13 AM 2/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> > >Ending the US War on Drugs
> >
> > right. if you were a leftists, you'd call it the war on the poor.
>
>Thats what it is. Thats not what it is called.

then you should have called it that. if you really think you understand how leftists think.

>Since your so in touch
>with my posts to other lists why don't you find some regarding the War on
>Drugs where I've explained to supporters how drug abuse is not a result of
>drug availability but a result of other social factors - particularly
>racism and classism.
>So......bzzzzzzzt. Try again.

maybe we should talk about how you think about the NAACP? no, let's talk about how the War on the Poor is not only an analysis about *why* people do drugs, but an analysis about how the justice systems prosecutes those who do do drugs. because you've made those arguments before. why avoid them here? it would have been better for your argument, a much better flame matt and you missed your chance!

instead, what you've done is suggest that drug abuse on the part of the poor and people of color is because they are miserable with their lives. this, firstly, presumes that drug abuse is somehow more of a problem among the poor and people of color! and, the sad thing is, i know you know better than this. is this why other people do drugs? why should racism and classism be the reasons why the poor and blacks do drugs, while those sorts of explanations recede when you talk about the similar incidence of drug use among whites -- which, from research, reveals that whites are bigger drug users than blacks!

> > >Ending US/NATO Imperialism (Middle East, Balkans, South America)
> >
> > right. if you were a leftist, you'd type US imperialism
>
>NATO is the means by which the US flexes its military might in support of
>its imperialism - this is a purely rightist viewpoint?

just say US then.

> > >Supporting Individual Gun Rights
> >
> > right. if you were a leftist, you wouldn't be interested in it because
> > it's an individual right, but a collective right.
>
>Exactly.

but where you've missed out is on the fact that seeing gun rights as collective right doesn't necessarily result in support for gun control. i.e., there can be a leftist argument against gun control based on collective rights. so, putting the issue of the 2a *only* in the conservative column reveals your bias against the left. you'd have been better off including a 2a issue in the left column as well.

> > not only that, one really
> > must laugh over the use of caps I, G, R.
>
>Now I'm laughing at you, but I'll stop because I know you are
>case-sensitive challenged. It is common style to capitalise all the
>first letters of words when making a list, an outline, an index, etc.,
>except for words like an, of, the, to, etc. If you noticed I
>consistently capitalised in the list I wrote, not just with the item
>regarding gun rights. You can remove that foot from your mouth anytime.

> > laughing to hard............can't type............must get a case of
> depends.
>
>Thanks for the mature, intelligent reply.

gordon is a godamned anarchist. and he frequently spouts off about his antagonism to the state. that you type to him and tell him that decentralizing political power is a conservative idea is just a hoot.

kelley