marxism on wgn-fm

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Sun Feb 18 19:01:37 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com>
> Chris, Academic Marxism is the only kind that is left. The mass social
> movement that called themselves Marxist are gone. The struggle is not
gone,
> and insofar as the (academic) theory is true, which it is to a
considerable
> degree, it correctly describes the struggle, but outside a few backwaters,
> the only serious social movement that still calls itself Marxist is the
> Brazilian PT, and its prospects are not so great, given what has happened
> every other social movement that has taken the label.

There's some Guerillas in Columbia calling themselves Marxist as well as regimes in Cuba, Vietnam, China and North Korea using Marxism to legitimize their regimes. These have all become distortions of Marx's origonal doctrine, but they claim the name.

Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ - http://www.anarchistfaq.org

"The State is a condition, a certain relationship between human beings, a mode of human behavior; we destroy it by contracting other relationships, by behaving differently" - Gustav Landauer