Lenin in Detroit: JOA is state-monopoly mechanism 2001

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Feb 21 12:26:39 PST 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Charles Brown wrote:

> CB: This is the voice of the bosses through one of their
> mouthpieces, the News-Free Press JOA, trying to build up the
> myth that "big" labor is as big as big biz, don't you think ?

Yes, I do think that.

On another note, I'm about half through reading the book: The Origins of the Urban Crisis by Thomas J. Sugrue which is subtitled "Race and Inequality in Postwar Detroit". This guy did his Phd with Stephan Thernstrom, but he is no Thernstrom. Very good book, have you seen it Charles?

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com