Lenin in Detroit: JOA is state-monopoly mechanism 2001

Wed Feb 21 12:40:43 PST 2001

>>> jfn1 at msc.com 02/21/01 03:26PM >>>

On another note, I'm about half through reading the book: The Origins of the Urban Crisis by Thomas J. Sugrue which is subtitled "Race and Inequality in Postwar Detroit". This guy did his Phd with Stephan Thernstrom, but he is no Thernstrom. Very good book, have you seen it Charles?

((((((((

No, I haven't seen it. Thanks for the reference.

The population of Detroit in 1950 was about 2 million. It was down to almost 1 million by 1980. So, this migration contributed to the urban crisis.