HST on NASCAR Death

Steve Grube grube at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 21 20:58:43 PST 2001

He chose not to wear his head-restraint cable. This controls the weight of your head under the extreme g-force of a wall hit. He also liked driving with no face shield. The lack of a head restraint is *worse* than if you or I drove recklessly every day down the freeway with no seat belt or if John Elway played football with no helmet at all. Too bad he can't enjoy his feelings of invincibility any longer. (I drive a BMW motorcycle and there are a few things you have to do responsibly or you *will* pay, just a matter of time. He didn't even make it to age 50---what a loss.)

-Steve Grube