preaching, waiting

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Feb 21 21:57:40 PST 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> specific purpose_? I think that the Labor Party may "turn out" to be
> a safety valve for discontented unionists, giving them a false hope
> of an eventual electoral third party.

Why a false hope? Whence this crystal ball into the future? Demos, slogans and lockdowns in public buildings are easy. Building long-term structures that don't become the mirror image of the institutions they're supposed to change, now that's the hard part. If the LP at least gets the radical unions to think politically, then it's doing its job.

-- Dennis