Dear Marshall

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 22 22:09:19 PST 2001

Dance News - Wed 18 Oct 2000

EMINEM'S GAY FAN STAN

Eminem's most recent single taken from his Marshall Mathers LP, 'Stan', has been re-worked by a gay Canadian comedian.

The spoof record 'Dear Marshall', by comedian Scott Thompson, takes the theme of Eminem's original rap about an obsessive fan writing Slim Shady a stream of unanswered fan letters. But in Thompson's version the letters are written by a gay Eminem fan who gets annoyed when the star fails to answer them.

On the single, Scott tells the rapper that he's right to divorce his wife Kim because he should really be romantically involved with his producer Dr Dre. "DRE completes you", Scott informs Eminem,as well as telling him: "My mother thinks we'd look good together, I think you'd look good in leather."

<http://www.dotmusic.com/dance/news/October2000/news15901.asp>