Break the cycle of dependency - Just Say No

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 23 14:26:22 PST 2001

Nathan Newman wrote:

>That's the problem with the purism of third party politics. It starts with
>trying to find pure candidates and parties rather than concentrating on the
>real issue - more power and organization among progressives.

You're right about this, which is one reason I'm persuaded by the Labor Party strategy (in theory, even if practice isn't dazzling yet). But I don't see how supporting Dems contributes to "power and organization among progressives." Seems to me it contributes to weakness, passivity, and compromise.

Doug