Break the cycle of dependency - Just Say No

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Feb 23 19:10:42 PST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Nathan Newman wrote:

> And yet the Greens ran her against a liberal Democrat talking about just
> such "obvious" divisions.

She ran herself, from my understanding, on a shoestring budget and with the help of community activists, against a do-nothing Dem who couldn't be bothered to do any campaigning. I can understand why she drifted to the Dems, because otherwise, she would've been completely shut out of the committees and decision-making in Sacramento, but this is something to be remedied by an independent Left party. The long-term goal would be to attract honest Dems to drift to some sort of Green-Labor alliance.

-- Dennis